The Sandy Springs Conservancy (“The Conservancy”) Digital Photo Contest (“Photo Contest”) is open to all professional, amateur, and student photographers residing in the State of Georgia. Board Members, and staff of the Sandy Springs Conservancy, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) are not eligible to enter.
With the submission of an entry to the Photo Contest, entrants confirm that their participation in this Photo Contest is not illegal or in violation of any law, regulation, treaty, or administrative act. In addition, entrants certify that the laws of their governing jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry do not prohibit or restrict the receipt of any Prize (as defined herein below) under this Photo Contest.
The Sandy Springs Conservancy reserves the right to reject any entry if, in the Conservancy’s sole discretion, the laws of an applicable jurisdiction, including but not limited to the entrant’s jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, would prohibit or limit the Conservancy from proceeding with the Contest as intended or the consideration or awarding of any Prize (as defined herein below) would impose additional administrative, tax, operational, or legal burdens on the Conservancy.
The Photo Contest is sponsored by The Sandy Springs Conservancy (collectively, the “Sponsor”). This Photo Contest is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
The Photo Contest begins at 12:00 pm on September 27, 2017 and ends at 11:59 pm on December 16, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Photo Contest.
WHAT TO ENTER
The Sandy Springs Conservancy is dedicated to create, connect, and conserve parks and greenspace in Sandy Springs. Since the completion of the Morgan Falls Overlook Park in 2007, The Conservancy has worked with partners, governmental officials, and supporter to enhance the quality of life for residents and stakeholders in the second largest city in metropolitan Atlanta. Through our help in developing over 100 acres of parks and greenspace, The Conservancy connects people to amazing places for recreation, relaxation, and reflection.
Entrants in the Photo Contest are asked to showcase the parks, greenspace, and trails in Sandy Springs in digital photo with the following two contest categories:
- Beauty of Sandy Springs parks, greenspace, and trails
- Family fun in Sandy Springs parks, greenspace, and trails
To ensure eligibility with the Sandy Springs Conservancy Photo Contest, please submit files no larger than 20MB. Files should be at least 3300 pixels (long side) by 2550 pixels (short side). If an entry is preselected to be awarded a prize, the original photo files will be requested in their maximum resolution, including RAW files if available. All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, combining of multiple exposures [HDR], removal of dust, etc.) will be disqualified.
Only unpublished original photos can be submitted for the Photo Contest. Previously published material is disqualified.
If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to The Nature Conservancy upon request.
The following submissions are ineligible:
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright and photographs of persons without the necessary consent required by law in your jurisdiction. The Conservancy reserves the right to require entrants to submit evidence of the subject’s legal consent to be photographed for the submitted photograph, which may include a signed waiver from the subject.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife, captive animals, commercial game farms, or damage to the environment by the photographer or subjects of the photograph.
- Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
The Conservancy shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.
Submissions may be watermarked if desired, but the watermark should be inconspicuous enough to not interfere with the judging of the photo. At the judges’ sole discretion, a watermarked photo may be disqualified from the competition if the photographer is unable or unavailable to provide an unaltered, watermark-free version of the image, upon request. Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit.
Submitted digital photo files should be named with the following sequence:
Location – First InitialLast Name – SubjectMatter
For example, OverlookPark – MHarclerode – FunWithTheFamily
HOW TO ENTER
Contest entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the digital photo files as noted and the following as attachments in the email:
- Completed Sandy Springs Conservancy Digital Photo Contest Entry Form
- Detailed Information of Subject Matter for Each Photo (optional, limited to 75 words or less per photo)
The Sandy Springs Conservancy Photo Contest is free to enter. You may enter an unlimited number of times, but you may not use an agency or automated system to enter. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
You hereby grant The Conservancy an unlimited license for the use of all contest entries. By entering the Photo Contest, you grant The Conservancy the exclusive rights and ownership of the winning contest photos. Upon payment of the Prize (as defined herein below) the winning entry will become the sole and exclusive property of The Conservancy.
Entrants may be asked to supplement their submission (such as with a paragraph about their photo or the highest resolution version of their photo) anytime on or after December 15, 2017. Compliance with requests for supplement are a condition to qualification for the Photo Contest and receipt of the Prize (as defined herein below).
Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit, and subject matter relevance to humans and nature. Judging will be conducted by a panel of Sandy Springs Conservancy representatives and a group of guest judges to be selected by the Conservancy at its sole discretion (the “Panel”).
The Panel will evaluate all valid entries and pick one (1) winner each in the following four (4) categories:
- Nature – Adult Category (1 winner): This image best captures the natural beauty of Sandy Springs parks, greenspace, or trails. This image is taken by a photographer age 18 and older at the submission of the digital photo.
- Nature – Youth Category (1 winner): This image best captures the natural beauty of Sandy Springs parks, greenspace, or trails. This image is taken by a photographer age 17 and under at the submission of the digital photo.
- Family Fun – Adult Category (1 winner): This image best expresses that people can thrive using Sandy Springs parks, greenspace, and trails. This image is taken by a photographer age 18 and older at the submission of the digital photo.
- Family Fun – Youth Category (1 winner): This image best expresses that people can thrive using Sandy Springs parks, greenspace, and trails. This image is taken by a photographer age 17 and under at the submission of the digital photo.
The winning photo will be publicly revealed at the Thought Leaders Dinner hosted by the Conservancy in Spring 2018. Each adult winner will be invited to attend this dinner as part of the prize.
All judging decisions are final. Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
The Conservancy will notify the winner via the contact information provided at the time of entry. The winner is highly encouraged to appear in promotional images of the public reveal at the Though Leaders Dinner.
Nature – Adult Category (1 winner): $500.00 (US) plus one ticket to the Thought Leader Dinner to receive the prize. The photo and winner’s name will be published in local media.
Family Fun – Adult Category (1 winner): $500.00 (US) plus one ticket to the Thought Leader Dinner to receive the prize. The photo and winner’s name will be published in local media.
Nature – Youth Category (1 winner): $100.00 (US). The photo and winner’s name will be published in local media.
Family Fun – Youth Category (1 winner): $100.00 (US). The photo and winner’s name will be published in local media.